Every week we have about 1200 families through our doors; this provides us an opportunity to work with our Hampton Swim School families on initiatives that support our local community.
Annually Hampton Swim School continues to grow its community spirit supporting charities and causes such as:
- Foodbank (our last donation was 187 kilos of canned food)
- The Nappy Collective, is a not for profit community group who support families in crisis and mothers in shelters who struggle to cover basic needs for their young children such as nappies. In May 2019 Australia wide a total of 250,824 nappies for families doing it tough
- Over Winter every year we hold our RSPCA Queensland Winter Warmer appeal where we gather old towels, blankets and food for our furry friends who find themselves in shelters when the cold weather arrives
- We presented our FREE Water Warriors program (Water Safety Presentation) to over 500 local Kindy and Prep children
- Christmas is the season of giving so we head to Kmart and donated a trolley full of gifts to the Kmart Wishing Tree Appeal
- In addition to these causes we like to support other local groups such as our local School communities where ever possible, our local Swim Clubs and Care Kits for Kids QLD for children in crisis or out-of-home care